Friday 5 October 2012

The OSKIA Experience



When stepping out of bustling Covent Garden tube station, it is hard to believe that nestled away is somewhere as peaceful as the OSKIA Boutique Spa. Upon entering, you wouldn’t believe that lively Covent Garden is literally just outside. I wanted to try for myself the range described by Grazia as “taking the skincare world by storm”, and what better way than with their signature treatment.

The space is intimate, with gorgeously decorated treatment rooms and a calming aroma. After completing my brief consultation form, my treatment- the OSKIA Signature Facial- could begin. Georgie Cleeve, OSKIA Founder, says "Lots of clients come in for our Signature Facial to repair stressed-out summer skin. We concentrate on deep exfoliation and using products such as the Oskia Renaissance Mask to balance skin tone and reduce pigmentation spots, while our facial massage and acupressure techniques are perfect for prepping the skin in readiness for Autumn." Great for me as I had just returned from holiday and my skin needed some urgent TLC.

The Facial didn’t disappoint. In fact, it exceeded expectations. The brilliant Therapist took the time to explain problem areas she would be addressing throughout the treatment, which gave a really bespoke feel to the whole experience. In addition to the excellent facial massage, every single product used felt divine on my skin, and smelled beautiful. One favourite was the Oskia Micro Exfoliating Balm (£46). I adored the Peppermint smell and the gentle yet refining texture of this product is incredible. 

Another favourite was the Oskia Skin Smoothing Massage Candle (£34.50) I have never experienced anything like it. The Therapist lights the wick and after a few minutes, the warm melted blend of oils and waxes are applied directly onto the skin using a fan brush. The ingredients used have been chosen for their skin healing properties and the Rose de Mai perfume is something else- I am not a big fan of most Rose scents, but this I could smother myself in; you can use the product as a Body Oil too. I left the treatment room feeling utterly pampered and could not believe how amazingly soft and glowing my skin was.

It is hardly surprising, then, that building on the success of their own Boutique Spa, OSKIA is launching at the 5* Langham Hotel in London and will be announcing further luxury Spa partnerships very soon. This brand is a perfect match for places like the Langham; OSKIA simply screams luxury.

Buy the full range here: Oskia