Tuesday 10 November 2009

Pai Chamomile and Rosehip Cream Reviews

Review of Pai Chamomile and Rosehip Face Cream for sensitive skin.
by Caroline S.
Packaging Pai Chamomile and Rosehip Face Cream is supplied for use in a glass pump-action dispenser bottle, which prevents contamination of the cream with fingers and helps to ensure freshness. The packaging is clear and enables you to see how much product is left at all times. Definitely something you would be happy to have on display in the bathroom.

Application The Pai organic cream initially appeared to be quite thick, of an almost custard-like consistency. However, upon application, you realise that, yes, it is thick, but thick in the same way as whipped cream - dense but very light and silky. It absorbs almost instantaneously into the skin, which I have to admit, surprised me given that its consistency. This Pai cream feels thick but is not greasy in the least. It does not sit on the skin and it does not clog. In fact, I actually found that it absorbed so quickly that I was using more of it than I had expected to, in order to adequately cover my whole face. Once the cream has sunk into the skin, it leaves a very matte finish and "dry" surface, so it is perfect for applying underneath make up. It is also great for people who don't like the feel of a "heavy" cream - as it certainly does feel as though you are bare-faced, it is so light. The smell of this Pai face cream is rather strong upon application and it lasts for a considerable amount of time. If you like the smell of chamomile then you will like this - but if strong herbal smells are not your cup of tea then you might find this a little difficult to adjust to.
I could definitely also smell the rose geranium oil in the cream, however the lavender and neroli oils were overpowered by the chamomile, which was a shame as neroil is probably my favourite essential oil and helps to lift your mood.

Ingredients Certified organic, cruelty free and suitable for vegans.Chamomile, vitamin e and manuka oil are known for their soothing and calming properties. Rosehip, vitamin e and manuka oil are renowned for their ability to heal the skin. Neroli, rosemary and lavender are used to balance the skin and prevent outbreaks of spots/rashes and help to prevent blockages in the pores.

Results For the past few weeks I have been using medicated eye drops, which have caused me to have raised sore, red areas on the skin around the outer corners of my eyes. I tried the Pai organic cream morning and night and was surprised to find that there WAS a noticeable difference after only a couple of days. There was a significant reduction in redness and also skin sensitivity. My skin overall is slightly sensitive but this organic cream was soothing and moisturising and didn't irritate in the least. After using it twice a day for two weeks, I can honestly say that it does moisturise and soften the skin with obvious results. I found it easy to apply and it left me with soft, smooth skin. It wasn't too heavy to use sparingly around the eye area either - which is a brilliant way to save money if you don't want to spend on a separate eye cream. I am impressed with the price of the Pai Chamomile and Rosehip cream as, even though I feel like I am using a large amount per application, I don't actually appear to have used as much as I thought and there is still plenty of product left. This compares very favourably to more high-priced moisturisers I have used and I am definitely going to explore the rest of the Pai skincare range. I am prone to very dry areas around the chin and cheeks (especially in Winter), so I am going to try the Pai Macadamia and Rose cream specifically for dry skin. I feel that the Chamomile and Rose might not quite meet the needs of skin that is especially dry - although it definitely WILL soothe and help to heal dry areas that are also sore. I will certainly continue to use the Pai Chamomile & Rosehip cream for the foreseeable future and mix it with others from the range as the needs of my skin alter.

Pros Fantastic texture, rich and creamy but light
Absorbs quickly with no need for rubbing
Brilliant for wearing under make up
Very soothing on delicate/sore areas
Helps to reduce visible redness of sore areas
Great price for a really high quality product
Cons Strong herbal smell which doesn't wear off quickly - may not appeal to everyone
May not be moisturising enough for very dry skin types