Friday 6 November 2009

Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion Reviews

Review for Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion
by Elisabeth B.

Packaging:
The Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion is contained within a metal tube. I particularly like this form of packaging - it is easy to see how much product you have left and it is also possible to squeeze every last drop from the tube. Many of the Weleda products come in glass bottles and are therefore not ideal for travel, but the Weleda Almond cleanser would be perfect as it is lightweight with no extra bulky or unnecessary packaging. It is simple and wholly recyclable in line with the company’s ethos.

Application: The Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion is light, creamy and cooling on application. I have sensitive skin but did not experience any adverse reactions whatsoever. I used this product to cleanse in the morning and did not have to wait any amount of time for my skin to completely settle before applying moisturiser - something I often have to do when using other cleansing products. The Weleda Almond cleanser is unperfumed but has a light almond fragrance, which is very pleasant. I only wear a light amount of makeup but as this product is so gentle I did not expect it to be able to adequately remove it. However, on testing it did so perfectly. The cleansing lotion is easily removed with warm water, but adding a muslin cloth to the routine adds a little exfoliation to an otherwise extremely gentle product

Comments:
I particularly like to apply the Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion before my morning shower and to leave on for a couple of minutes whilst in the shower before washing off. Normally my skin feels dry, taught and slightly irritated after a hot shower, but when using this product my skin is calm, comfortable and hydrated.

Ingredients: Weleda skincare is a range that believes in the consistent use of biodynamically grown, fresh ingredients. Reassuringly there isn’t a long list of ingredients for the Weleda cleansing lotion - good news for sensitive skin. Although very gentle this product still provides an effective cleanse, lactic acid is one ingredient that gently loosens dirt from the pores without irritating skin.

Results: This is one of the first cleansers I am able to use without experiencing even the slightest irritation at all. I would highly recommend it to those with sensitive skin or to anyone looking for a gentle cleansing product. As I have already mentioned, the fact that the Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion does not cause any reaction at all, leaving my skin so calm that I can immediately follow with moisturiser and makeup is the reason I will almost certainly purchase this product in the future.

Pros: Extremely gentle and perfect for sensitive skin
Leaves skin feeling soft, calm and clean
Packaging is minimal and ideal for travel
Inexpensive but very good quality

Cons: Perhaps won’t give a deep enough cleanse for some skin types
May struggle to remove heavy, waterproof makeup

Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion (£6.95)and the full range of Weleda skincare products are available from Naturisimo.com