Thursday 25 October 2012

Tame Your Tresses





It is a funny thing, our relationship with our hair. We wash, towel dry, blow dry, curl, straighten, wear up, wear down... and then wonder why it might not always look its best. My hair doesn’t like me very much right now- my obsessive use of straighteners is the main culprit. So, on a quest to show my hair some love, here are some of my favourite treats to do just that.

My perfect shampoo: John Masters Honey & Hibiscus Reconstructing Shampoo (£26) LOVE it. Feels gentle, yet rebuilds hair with each wash as it cleans, using the same acids found in young hair. I swear my hair feels different after use and the scent is great too.

Best conditioner: I adore Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Conditioner (£18). I love mint scents and this one is like an invigorating wakeup call every time I use it; my scalp literally tingles. The formulation is really light, and comes in a generous 444ml size- it lasts for ages. The bottle is made of recyclable plastic, the product is vegan, Gluten Free, USDA Organic certified...basically, it ticks every box. 

The ultimate luxury: Caudalie Divine Oil (£25). Yes, this is a dry oil. Yes, it is multi-use. But for taming flyaway hair and split ends it works just as well as any specific hair oil I have tried. The fragrance is divine (maybe the reason for the name?), it really works without leaving hair greasy, and you can use it anywhere else you fancy too, even in the bath. Top marks.

Shop here: Naturisimo