Tuesday 2 February 2010

A’kin Creamy Cleanser & Toner Reviews

Review of A’kin Rose and Geranium Creamy Cleanser & Toner
by Louise M.
Packaging: This A’kin cleanser and toner is packaged in a very practical flip-top squeezy bottle which stands upside down so you can get to every last drop inside. The plastic also means that you don’t need to worry about it smashing which makes it practical for travel. Although it has a smart and classic aesthetic it is also made from recyclable plastic, which environmentally-conscious as well as beauty-conscious consumers will be pleased to hear.

Application: The texture of the A’kin cleanser & toner is wonderful; it has a rich, creamy texture when it comes out of the tube, but it turns to more of a cleansing milk as soon as it gets wet so does not feel too heavy on the skin. The sumptuous texture also means that it is not at all drying or tacky, which is often a problem for my very dry skin.

Ingredients: As you might expect from A’kin which calls itself ‘the purist company’ the ingredients are free from any parabens, mineral oils, artificial colours or scents and many other nasties. Similarly they do not use any animal-derived products or test on animals and use certified organic ingredients where possible. Once opened the bottle should last twelve months. I have extremely sensitive skin, especially on my face and I had no problem at all with this A’kin cleanser and toner which is very mild indeed. This product moisturises your skin with shea butter and tones it with witch hazel both tried and trusted natural ingredients. Above all others however my favourite ingredients have to be the rose flower water and geranium oil which give it a really luxurious feminine scent and makes it feel like a real treat to use.

Results: This A’kin product claims to be both a cleanser and a toner, and while I was certainly impressed by this first claim, I am less sure of its toning properties. I wear waterproof eye pencil every day and to my surprise the A’kin cleanser removed it all without any effort at all, my skin felt clean and moisturised with every use. However, I cannot say that I felt as though my skin had been obviously toned. Perhaps this is because I am used to a separate liquid toner, and would certainly be an excellent option for someone whose dry skin prevents them from using more astringent alternatives. In spite of this, A’kin Cleanser and Toner won me over and I would be happy to purchase it again.

Pros of the A'kin cleanser & toner:
It thoroughly removed even waterproof eye makeup without any need to scrub the skin.
It suits all skin types, even very sensitive and dry skins.
It smells divine, very feminine and luxurious.
It lasts for 12 months once open, giving you plenty of time to use all 225ml.

Cons:
The toning properties may not feel astringent enough for some.
As an Australian company some UK consumers may prefer a brand which has a smaller travel footprint.

The A’kin Rose and Geranium Creamy Cleanser & Toner (£13.99) and the full range of A'kin skin care are available at Naturisimo.com